Explainer Videos – facts and numbers
Explainer Video is short online marketing animation used to explain paramount matters related to a given company’s product or service. It’s also used to present an idea behind a newly formed start up. Such animations are publicized mainly on the Internet on companies’ websites or numerous social channels, but also are used as presentations addressed to potential business partners and different kinds of recipients.
Why this form of promotion has become so popular in the last few years?
According to Online Video Forecasts 2017 report prepared by Zenith, in 2017 users will spend – on average - 47,4 minutes a day watching video online. It’s 20% more compared to 2016 (39,6 minutes). So the increasing tendency is very noticeable. The share of mobile devices as the tools used for video consumption has raised as well. Time of watching on smartphones and tablets has increased by 35% compared to 2016.
There are five main reasons why explainer videos make great for advertising purposes:
- In the first place, it’s worth to list their usefulness because lively visualizations can help a recipient understand given a problem with greater ease. To that, we can add a possibility of simple and fast content finding thanks to common access to mobile devices and the Internet.
- Secondly, this kind of animation can keep viewers engaged more easily. A short clip on a website can serve as a guide map and information on what content they can expect to find.
- In addition, such animations can become tools for marketers to advertise products or services and earn extra income. Hence their nickname “the silent sellers”.
- An attractively made animation has a clear message and along with a comprehensible script can provide recipients with useful and valuable information. It’s commonly acknowledged that a person who understands how something works is more likely to put their trust in it.
- The popularity of explainer animations raises year by year. In recent time they have broken-up the boredom of traditional advertising. Explainer animations can encourage, inspire and impress in a way, which is possible thanks only to modern technology.
In the end – a few solid facts:
- 59% of executives prefer to watch a video rather than read text (Forbes)
- 64% of consumers are much more likely to buy a product online after watching a video (ComScore)
- 1.8 Million words have the value of a one minute video (Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research)
- Visitors stay 2 minutes longer on a website with explainer videos (ComScore)
- 90% of users say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision-making process (ComScore)
- 96% of introductory emails that include a video have much more click-through to the desired page (Implix)
How did we learn that? We are recognized as a top Video Production Company on DesignRush. Drop us a line and let's talk about the explainer video for your brand!
Lead Producer/Partner at BluBlu Studios